CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello From Oregon!

It's been a while since you've heard from me! We made the big move from California to the Oregon Coast in early December, and immediately began working seven days a week a few days after getting here. Things are starting to level out a bit now that the Christmas rush is over, so I finally have some time to talk deals again.
Except... I'm almost in the middle of nowhere with no place to work deals like back in Cali! I knew this was coming, but still! Whoa!
We do have a local Select Market where we get basics, and I buy whatever is on weekly special if we need/will use it. These deals are nothing to write home about, but better than regular prices.
I shopped the other day with a fistful of store coupons and the cashier exclaimed, "Wow! You really got a lot of groceries for $50!" Meanwhile I was cringing at how few groceries I was getting for $50! lol




So, what's a couponer to do without a Walgreens, CVS, or other big store in which to wheel and deal? Tonight I turned to Alice.com. I've promoted it here before because of the massive number of rave reviews I'd read, but now I get to add my own voice.
I made a relatively small order as I had left California with a pretty hefty stockpile, and not all prices were what I'm willing to pay.
You might notice that there are coupons on Alice! I've read that they match insert coupons, but don't know that for certain. I've also seen products at very low prices after coupons, so there can be occassions to stock up.
Also shipping is always free, which is a BIG plus!
I will weigh in later with the rest of my experience.

Item Qty. Unit Price Total
9Lives Cat Food, Tuna & Cheese Bits in Sauce 1 $1.78 $1.78
Johnson & Johnson 100% Cotton Balls 1 $2.31 $2.31
Melitta Basket Coffee Filters, Brown 1 $1.97 $1.97
Ajax Dish Liquid, Lemon 1 $2.18 $2.18
Olay Foaming Face Wash, Aloe, Sensitive Skin 1 $4.89 - $1.00 Off $3.89
Old Wisconsin Sausage Beef Summer Sausage 1 $6.99 - $1.00 Off $5.99

0 comments: